Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ready for First Day of School

I have been working hard for the past week to get my room ready for the kiddos to come back!  Here is what I have done with my room for this year:


I made new labels for the math tools.  Hopefully this will help to keep all of the manipulatives in order.


I also changed my word wall to black so that the words would stand out better.  


I hung up these inspirational posters in the reading area.  I got the two on the right from the Etsy shop 3 Bears Studio.


I am also trying something new to hold all of their things.  We have tables so the students have to put their folders and things somewhere.  I have tried using seat sacks and a container in the middle of the table.  But the seat sacks just end up a big paper mess and the buckets do too.  So I have 2 bookshelves at the end of 2 of my tables.  Each table has a shelf of stuff.  We will see how that goes this year.


I got the idea for my door from a poster on Pinterest and then used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the pieces.


I had some extra birds and I knew I wanted to use twine with clothespins to hold the work so I came up with this bulletin board for outside the classroom.


And here is my comfortable reading area for the kids.  I got these chairs on sale at Target for $20 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment